Our mission is to connect with, empower and support women and girls to promote their social and emotional well-being within their lives and community.
In this quick-paced, ever-changing world, Belle Sol has shifted from an in-person to online platform in order for you to access the tools you might be looking for at your convenience.
The instant download empowerment workbooks mean that you can get started immediately on paving a new path.
These workbooks are for you if you are struggling with a major decision in your life or need a reminder of who you are and why you’re special.
Choose from two topics: Self-Love and Goal-Setting.
Empowerment boxes are a great way to send a special girl in your life a gift while at the same giving her a social emotional lesson on a variety of topics.
These boxes are a fun and easy way to help boost self-esteem, build confidence and learn about taking care of herself at a young age.
These are priceless tools she can take with her into adulthood.
Belle Sol, formerly Empower Her, has:
Given out 11 GIRLS Scholarship worth $3850 since 2018
Run over 50 programs reaching more than 150 women and girls
providing social emotional education and support
- Won 2021 Service Organization of the Year from Hamden Chamber of Commerce
- Worked with three local Girl Scout troops providing custom designed programs on topics for badge work
- Ran programs taught by local women entrepreneurs providing them with an opportunity to highlight and expand their businesses
- Teamed up with local organizations to hold fundraising programs and events that support both the local organizations and Belle Sol
- Ran babysitting courses providing 18 teenagers with Red Cross babysitting certification
- Held an annual shopping event that featured a variety of local women entrepreneurs
- Worked with a local high school to provide a Service Learning Project resulting in a documentary highlighting three local women entrepreneurs
- Were invited to numerous speaking engagements to provide information on various topics relating to women including: gender in the workplace, gender bias and body image.
Meet Our Founder/Executive DirectorCurrent Board Member
Danielle Beerli, MSW
- Founder and Executive Director of Belle Sol, Inc.
- Professional experience in Social Work, Program Development and Administration
- Multitude of volunteer experience both in the USA and abroad
- Named to Connecticut Magazine’s Class of 2017 ‘40 Under 40’
- Named to New Haven Biz Magazine’s ‘Power 50’ in 2019
“By educating and empowering young girls with tools beyond traditional education, like self-esteem, confidence, leadership, teamwork, mentoring and philanthropy, we are developing a generation of women who will start in her community climbing hills, and will go out into the world and move mountains.” – Danielle Beerli
Danielle Beerli, MSW, comes with a determined and motivated mindset, always believing that a girl can accomplish anything. Having turned various childhood adversities into strengths, she decided to pursue a career in Social Work in order to help others; particularly coming to love the community aspect of Social Work and Service Learning. Danielle has over fifteen years experience in the Social Work field working with children of all ages and their parents. She even spent some time homeschooling her kids. Since her late teens, she has spent countless hours volunteering both in the U.S. and abroad from working with the homeless in Madrid to serving on the PTO. In late 2015, Danielle decided to pursue her dream of opening a women and girls center. She started Empower Her, Inc. to create local programming for women to be supported in their life paths as well as to open new doors and opportunities for girls and provide them with foundational prosocial and life skills. Aside from running Belle Sol, formerly Empower Her, Danielle is also an Adjunct Professor at Quinnipiac University teaching Introduction to Nonprofit Management. Danielle is a mother of two and enjoys cooking, gardening, crafting, traveling and spending time with her husband and children.
Meet Our Board Members
Michelle Schwenger, M.ED President
- For the past 20 years has taught a variety of elementary grades and subjects in both New Hampshire and Connecticut
- In her free time, she volunteers for many causes including cancer research, getting girls involved in STEM and environmental sustainability
- Executive in insurance with over 25 years experience and a proven track record in succeeding with startup initiatives
- Past and present volunteer and coach of soccer, baseball, softball and other community organizations
Former Board Members
Former Board Member
- Founder of A & M Studios, Inc. focusing on strategic planning, targeted marketing and advertising solutions in print and web media
- Marketing Counselor/Instructor for the Women’s Business Development Council (WBDC)
- Past board member of FINE – the Entrepreneurial Network and Woman2Woman magazine
Diane Michaelsen, LCSW, LADC
Former Board Member
- Professional and Educator in the behavioral health field for over 30 years
- She has long used the power of educating others to inspire folks to aspire to a vision of holistic health
Former Board Member
- Executive with over 20 years experience holding various management roles
- Supporter of many philanthropic causes such as education, hunger, homelessness, children’s health and women empowerment